Windsor Nursery School was established in 1975 as a temporary building. Family Support services were developed much later and initially supported through Sure Start and then Children In Need funding. In 2008 Windsor Nursery School became Windsor Centre for Children and Families as it was designated as a Children’s Centre. It is registered by the Local Authority and Ofsted. An Ofsted inspection in 2007 saw Windsor receive an ‘outstanding’ outcome.
We currently offer 6 full time places for paid childcare, between the hours of 8am - 5.30pm. We also offer sessions for Terrific For Two's, for this families need to meet certain criteria. For full details please contact Rena Patel.
Here at Windsor we offer a welcoming environment that feel safe and secure. We offer opportunities for children to interact with others and develop their social skills. The environment is designed to cater for individual children's requirements. We are fortunate to have a large outdoor area, which allows children to explore and investigate.
Windsor Centre for Children and Families offers:
- New birth visits to all families within our identified reach area, within two months of child’s birth.
- Referral and signposting to further services.
- The Centre provides a range of support services which are available for families in our area which you will be welcome to access
- Family support practitioners can offer advice and guidance in the home or at the centre, on a range of challenges all parents face.
- Activities for fathers run by our Father’s Practitioner.
- To encourage and support parents / carers who wish to consider training and employment.
Child and Family Health Services;
- Antenatal advice and support.
- Positive mental health promotion including Women’s Wellbeing Sessions.
- Speech and language support.
- Healthy lifestyle support, including help giving up smoking.
- Information and guidance on breast feeding, nutrition, safety and hygiene.
Early Years Provision;
- Integrated early learning and childcare for babies and children under five years of age.
- Links with local childminder’s.
- A variety of fun activities including Stay and Play sessions within the Mulberry Room.
- Toy library.