- The Nursery offers high quality, affordable childcare for babies
and children aged six weeks to five years.
- The nursery is open all year round, Monday to Friday from 8am to
6pm and is equipped with excellent resources and an outdoor play
- We employ a qualified teacher to ensure your child has the best
opportunities for play and learning, following the Birth to Three
and Early Years
Foundation Stage curriculum.
- All parents and carers are welcome to our Stay & Play sessions,
which run at a number of different venues and are a great way to meet
other local families. We also run a Stay & Play especially for
Dads on Saturday mornings.
New Stay and Play group!
For babies and children under five years old. Every Saturday from
10:00am - 11:30am. Term Time Only!
- We also hosts lots of activities and special events throughout the
year, so check out the latest What’s
On Guide for more details—link
at top of page.
- Pregnancy and parenthood can be daunting, but find out all you need
to know at our Parent-to-be group, which
we run together with local community midwives.
- New Drop in Breastfeeding Group at The Children’s Village!
A new group for antenatal and new parents that provides information and
support. Every Saturday from 10:00am - 11:30am. Term time only!
- Give your child the best healthy start in life with nutritional
advice on breastfeeding, weaning and fussy eating. If you need any
or advice with breastfeeding, then come along to our Breastfeeding
Support Group or Drop-in and chat to other mums about their experiences.
- Stopping smoking is the most effective way to improve your health,
so if you want to quit, our team is here to help with advice, support
and nicotine-replacement therapy.
- Did you know Baby Massage helps babies relax, promotes restful sleep,
relieves colic and improves immunity? It may also aid your baby’s
growth and development and encourage bonding, so why not give it a
- Family life can be challenging at times but our family
support service is here to help support you!
- The team visit all new babies born in our area and can advise you
on parenting skills, child development and home safety, or accompany
to appointments, act as your advocate or signpost you to other services.
- Our Child and Family Support team run many groups that may benefit
your family, however young your child. Why not try Baby Club for babies
under 18 months?
- All parents are welcome to join The Parenting Puzzle—the
Family Links nurturing programme which encourages positive parenting.
Training and Employment
- Fancy learning a new skill, returning to work or starting a new career?
- The Children’s Village runs a range of courses from first aid to numeracy and I.T.
- Many of the courses are held in our on-site Training Suite together
with free crèche facilities.
- If you are looking for work, then you can use our Jobcentre Plus
Link to search through hundreds of local jobs and request application
forms. You can also book an appointment to see our employability advisor.